Sarah did such a cute job on the cake...it had a picture of me when I was little (eating cat food) and said, "Still Dirty at Thirty." And it was delicious!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Happy Birthday to ME!
Well, it had to happen...I finally turned 30. Ugh. But it's not so bad so far...I had a wonderful birthday weekend with everyone. It happened to be the weekend of the Texas Wine & Food Festival, so on my actual birthday (Friday the 17th) we went to the Long Events Center that evening and met up with our friends Sean and Ashley. Ashley works for a wine company, so they hooked us up with tickets to everything that weekend. Saturday night, we had my birthday dinner at Botticelli's on South Congress (see pics below). It was a lot of fun and I was so glad everyone got to come celebrate with me. Cookie drove down from Dallas on Friday to stay with Dane on Friday and Saturday nights so mommy could go out and enjoy herself, so that was very nice! Then Sunday we went to the outdoor part of the festival at the Salt Lick winery. I wore Dane in his sling and he really enjoyed all the activity. He was just squeeling away the whole time, and everyone kept stopping to say what a cutie he was. One lady even took a picture...not sure what she's going to do with it! On the way home, we were still hungry so we stopped at Salt Lick and got some yummy BBQ then went home and had a nice Sunday evening on the couch. All in all - a great 30th birthday weekend!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment