Friday, July 10, 2009
What's that you say?
I've been meaning to post a blog about Dane's efforts at speaking. I think I'd mentioned before that he was saying "mama" and "dada" but not with any real recognition. Well now we can tell that he knows "dada" for sure, but it sounds much like "doggy" which is also says so those two are kinda interchangeable and he might even be a bit confused as to why daddy and Loki share the same name. He doesn't say "mama" as much but when he does, it's usually when he's fussy and looking around for me. His very favorite word, however, is "uh-oh". He's been saying that for probably about a month now...I didn't even notice at first that's what he was really saying because it just sounded like babble but it's VERY obvious now. In fact, he regularly throws and drops things on purpose (especially food...from his highchair...down to Loki) just so he can bust out an "uh-oh" and look at us all innocently. He doesn't get yet that uh-oh's should be reserved for accidents only! He also seems to be saying "hey" a lot - particularly to strangers when we're in the store or walking around. When I walked in to pick up my dry cleaning this week, he immediately yelled "hey" really loudly and the two people in the store both turned around immediately and said "hey" right back which Dane seems thrilled with. He just LOVES to get people's attention and have them look at him. We might have a performer on our hands. This is not so good for restaurant dining, as he tends to shriek loudly anytime we go out to eat...not out of frustration so much as he just thinks it's fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment