So we flew to St. Louis to visit Don for 5 days since it was a busy time on his project and he needed to be there over a weekend. We didn't want to go 10 days without seeing him, so on the plane we went! Dane handled his first flight well. It was a definite challenge keeping an almost-10-month-old amused within the confines of a seat (under 2 years, kids can just sit in your lap) but we got through it without too many tears. Granted, Don had us upgraded to first class there and back so we did have more space than we would have otherwise and that was a big help! But mommy was still pretty pooped by the time we landed.
Keeping Dane amused in a hotel room was another challenge. Since the room is not well baby-proofed, I just stayed out most of the time...we tooled around St. Louis in our rental car checking out the sights while Don worked. I was really impressed with St. Louis - the people were so nice and it was really green and pretty. We did lots of walking and eating, plus some shopping and checked out the City Museum downtown, which was awesome! The first kid's museum I've ever seen with a bar for the parents! Great idea!
Here we are trying the carousel at the mall...he was not a fan. I couldn't get him to smile at all!
At City Museum in St. Louis - the aquarium was SO COOL!



No comments:
Post a Comment