Saturday, November 8, 2008

2-Month Update

So Dane's 2-month birthday was the 6th. Unfortunately, we celebrated by getting his first round of vaccinations. I was pretty nervous about them, and it was really tough to see him crying so hard. That's the hardest he's ever cried. I comforted him as well as I could, but part of me wanted to NOT hold him while they did the shots because I didn't want him to think I was the one hurting him! He took the 3 shots pretty well, though...just seemed a little crankier than normal that evening.

Dane was 23.5 inches long and weighed 12 pounds, 12 ounces in this week's check-up. I can't believe how big he's getting. He's only 2 months but he's had to move up to the 3 - 6 month size in his clothing.

Let's see, what else is new - he's tracking things really well with his eyes and turning his head from side to side and holding it up well, too. He smiles a LOT, especially in the mornings when he first wakes up - he's so happy that time of the day. He's doing a lot of babbling and "talking" to us which is a lot of fun, and he loves it when I sing to him (at least someone thinks I sound good!). While he's still not even close to sleeping through the night, he has had a couple of 5-hour stretches - just not every night.

This is his typical morning behavior:



Here's a cute one of sleeping daddy and baby:


Hannah took this one on our drive out to the ranch on the 25th of October. All the pictures below are from that day...it was Dane's first trip out to the ranch!

Dad, Hannah & Dane:





Dad added a funny caption to this one - there are some more good ones from our visit to the ranch, but I'm waiting to get them. Will post as soon as I do.




No comments: